About Me

I love reading, teaching and cooking. I exercise so I can eat. (Losing weight would be a bonus.) I've been a special education teacher for 32 years and I really like it. I also enjoy traveling but I think I plan more that I actually travel.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waiting for the Effects...

... of that ADHD medication to kick in.

One of my first graders came to school and it definitely had not taken effect. Luckily, he is one cute kid. My aide and I just had to go with the flow, as teachers often have to do. This student can be a little obsessive, so when I mentioned adding an s to make the word tool plural, he proceeded to list at least 3 minutes worth of words that you add s to make it mean more than one.

I love my students. I even had one call out "I love you" in the middle of their reading class. Then he went right back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment